Venturi wet Scrubbers are commonly used in industries for air pollution control. Venturi scrubbers are used to capture smaller dust particles, chemical fumes, vapors, VOC’s etc. that are generated in industrial process. The main advantage of venturi scrubber is that it can handle the high temperature gas streams and they can simultaneously remove both pollutant gas and particulates at the same time.
The principle used in this scrubbing system is absorption technology and Venturi effect. Venturi wet scrubber captures the particulates in the liquid droplets and separates them from the gas stream. This wet scrubbing system consists of components such as recycle pump, control panel, mist eliminator , system fan , exhaust stack etc. Venturi flow meter is used to measure the liquid’s flow rate. The scrubbing efficiency of the Apzem Venturi Wet Scrubber is 99.99%.
- H2S , HCl , HF , HBr
- HCN ,HNO3 , NH3
- Formic acid , Chromic acid
- SO2 , Cl2, F2, Br2 , BCl3, BF3
- Formaldehyde , Ethylene compounds
- Soluble alcohols, acids
- VOCs And many others
- Landfill and Biogas Contaminants
- Acid Fumes and gases
- Chemical Fumes and Odor
- Food Processing Odors
- Metal Finishing Fumes
- Steel Processing Fumes
- Wastewater treatment plant odors
- Can sustain highly corrosive atmosphere.
- Relatively low pressure drop.
- High mass transfer efficiency.
- Require relatively small space.
Other Technical Details
- Contaminant solubility
- Vapor pressures
- Wash liquid flow rate
- Liquid to gas ratio
- Packing chamber height, diameter, and volume
- Packing media type and size
- Chemical additives
- pH control
- Precipitation of reaction products
- Multiple solution scrubbing
- Required scrubbing stages
- Pressure drop across packing
- Materials of construction
- Site requirements