Hydrochloric Acid Scrubber
Hydrogen Chloride scrubber is a wet type scrubber that is used for the removal of hydrochloric acid. Hydrogen chloride is a pungent gas which is colorless and corrosive. Though it is not flammable it is toxic. Hence it must be removed from industrial processes that involves in the emission of hydrochloric acid as a resultant product.
When dissolving HCl gas in water Hydrochloric acid is produced. Recycled water can be used in HCl scrubbers. Usually the waste water stream contains a week Hydrochloric acid solution. It can be more efficiently scrubbed using an alkaline solution. Mostly Sodium Hydroxide is used . Sodium chloride is produced as byproduct.
- H2S , HCl , HF , HBr
- HCN ,HNO3 , NH3
- Formic acid , Chromic acid
- SO2 , Cl2, F2, Br2 , BCl3, BF3
- Formaldehyde , Ethylene compounds
- Soluble alcohols, acids
- VOCs And many others
- Landfill and Biogas Contaminants
- Acid Fumes and gases
- Chemical Fumes and Odor
- Food Processing Odors
- Metal Finishing Fumes
- Steel Processing Fumes
- Wastewater treatment plant odors
- Can sustain highly corrosive atmosphere.
- Relatively low pressure drop.
- High mass transfer efficiency.
- Require relatively small space.
Other Technical Details
- Contaminant solubility
- Vapor pressures
- Wash liquid flow rate
- Liquid to gas ratio
- Packing chamber height, diameter, and volume
- Packing media type and size
- Chemical additives
- pH control
- Precipitation of reaction products
- Multiple solution scrubbing
- Required scrubbing stages
- Pressure drop across packing
- Materials of construction
- Site requirements