Chlorine Cl2 Scrubber
Efficiency is the most important factor when it comes to chlorine scrubber since chlorine gas is highly toxic removal of chlorine gas is a must in industrial processes that involves in the emission of chlorine. Depending on the initial loading of pollutants the wet chlorine scrubbers might require multistage of chlorine removal. Mostly caustic soda or soda ash is used as neutralizing agent.
Apzem Cl2 Scrubber or Chlorine scrubbing system is designed to capture chlorine gas generated in industrial process leaks, and in municipal waste treatment. Chlorine scrubbing system can be custom designed based on the requirements such as process outlet, the quantity of chlorine to be treated, etc.
- H2S , HCl , HF , HBr
- HCN ,HNO3 , NH3
- Formic acid , Chromic acid
- SO2 , Cl2, F2, Br2 , BCl3, BF3
- Formaldehyde , Ethylene compounds
- Soluble alcohols, acids
- VOCs And many others
- Oil and gas extraction operations,
- Oil refineries,
- Pulp and paper mills,
- Sewage treatment plants,
- Portland cement kilns,
- Municipal waste landfills,
- Sulfur products and hydrogen sulfide production,
- Asphalt production and storage, etc…
- Can sustain highly corrosive atmosphere.
- Relatively low pressure drop.
- High mass transfer efficiency.
- Require relatively small space.
Other Technical Details
Factors to be considered for customization
- The process
- Amount of chlorine generated
- Presence of other pollutants and their properties,
- Space availability, and
- PCB norms at particular zone